Monday, October 29, 2012

Part 4 of 5: Series on Balance, Balance, Balance!

Let's get one thing straight: I am FAR from perfect.  I'm no "Super Mom" or someone who effortlessly juggles it all.  TRUST me!  You could even ask some of my close friends and family members...they will probably tell you  I'm a complete scatter brain, I have a horrible memory, and I'm a weirdo half the time.  

So when I'm writing on Balance, its partly b/c I KNOW (at least I hope!) there are others of you out there who feel stretched to the max at times and wonder how you will get through the day let alone the weeks, months, or years.  I want to help you...and I also want to help myself.  I learn best when I write things or go over and over and over them 100's of times!  This isn't my first rodeo on Balance and I'm positive it won't be my last.  We all have to continually remind ourselves to balance, breathe, relax, and enjoy life.  This is just one reminder among many for myself and for you, too.  I hope you get at least one nugget from this series.

So...#4.  

Are you ready for this?    


Meditate, pray, and journal.  Okay, that's it.  Thanks for reading.  Ha!  You wish it were that simple, right?

Meditation is described in Wikipedia as:
a practice in which an individual trains the mind and/or induces a mode of consciousness to realize some benefit, although it can be argued that meditation is a goal in and of itself.

You see that last part?  ..."a goal in and of itself."  The Mayo Clinic even says meditation is a stress reliever.  When we reduce stress in our lives, so much other stuff falls into place.  

Take running late, for instance.  Over the last year (and yes, its taken me a year and even now I'm still working on it), I have been focusing on not over booking myself b/c I have a horrible habit of over booking myself, running late, speeding, getting speeding tickets, having the rest of my day run late, being flustered, having crazy road rage, and screaming at everything and everyone in my path.  Imagine the stress relief I've found in restricting my schedule to a few key appointments with plenty of drive time in between appointments and even arriving early sometimes!

Those times when I'm running early?  That's when I meditate!  It only takes 2 minutes to STOP EVERYTHING, close your eyes, focus on breathing, and clear your head of the madness. Someone really smart taught me we have to clear the clutter to make room for the new blessings in our lives.  Meditation clears the mental clutter.

Praying is very similar to meditation.  Its a personal thing, and depending on a person's spirituality, prayer may mean something different.  Whatever or whoever your Source is, your Inner Voice, your Spirit, Conscious or whatever else It may be called...that's who we pray to.  I pray to the Lord, each day to be in control of my thoughts, feelings, words, and actions.  It is a minute by minute thing and there is no doubt I need Him to be in control of my life b/c I certainly am not!  

Journaling is similar to writing a blog.  Blogging is a web log of whatever someone wants to write about.  A journal may be something a little more personal.  I find that when I journal, I've figured at least one thing out-I've self discovered, that is.  Its a wonderful thing and a safe place to turn to for an outlet. This is the online journal I use and I love it!

Remember: Meditate, Pray, and Journal!  You're on your way!

   


No comments: